Customized Salesforce Training for Nonprofits
Database Sherpa offers customized Salesforce training on a wide range of topics related to your organization’s use of Salesforce, including both end user and administration training. Training is suitable for individuals, groups, or groups of nonprofits seeking a deeper understanding of specific aspects of their Salesforce database.
Online Salesforce Training
- Group of up to 10 participants, and the session is recorded for future reference.
- Provides tailored, interactive training on a specific topic or topics, with multiple sessions to allow time for questions. Typically two sessions of up to two hours.
- Group of up to 10 participants
- Provides tailored, interactive training on a specific topic or topics for a group of participants. Typically one day with a six-hour session.
Let's make a plan.
We can tailor training to the needs of your nonprofit. Our sessions are highly engaging, with hands-on practice in your database and documentation to support ongoing learning. The first step in preparing your training is a conversation to learn about your database journey. From there, we'll offer ideas to begin the trek.
Examples of training topics
- Using the Salesforce Nonprofit Success Pack Effectively – A high level overview of how to get started with Salesforce, and how to take advantage of it.
- Data Awareness Journey – How to use data management techniques to clean your data, migrate information into your database, and set up good practices to ensure the integrity of your Salesforce database.
- Protecting Your Data and Your Organization – Part of any journey is developing an awareness of both internal and external challenges to security. This training helps develop security measures and awareness needed to protect your Salesforce database and your organization. A Sherpa will guide you in developing simple security practices that make sense for your organization.
- Leveraging record types – Deciding when to use record types, and a procedure for using them successfully.
- Managing volunteers with Salesforce – Steps to implement a free add-on application for nonprofits, with an overview of how to install the application and run it on your website, and how to integrate data from volunteers
- Developing constituent tracking in Salesforce – Learn how to move a step beyond donor management, and track detailed demographics of other constituents over time, as well as evaluating effectiveness serving your population. Constituent tracking can also be used by human service organizations to track cases.
- Custom Reporting for Nonprofits – Basic overview of how database objects are related, and how that enables you to obtain useful reports from your database. Touches on how to add a custom field if needed for reporting, and how to populate it.
- Developing a road map to use Salesforce – For organizations that are new to Salesforce, a quick overview of how to get started, as well as skills and tools available to nonprofits. This training is useful for nonprofit organizations just getting started with Salesforce and needing to plan.
- Effectively using campaigns and opportunities – Learn how to use Salesforce to track and report on the effectiveness of your outreach efforts. Track your organization’s fundraisers, marketing (such as capital campaigns and direct mail), and expenses, to learn which approaches provide the greatest return on investment or level of engagement.
- Customizing and Tailoring Salesforce for your Nonprofit – Learn what to do when Salesforce is not structured to capture information your organization needs. The session covers how to decide what fields to add, a procedure for adding the field and capturing the information, and tips and cautions for adding custom fields.
- Advanced Salesforce customization using custom objects – For organizations that are experienced with Salesforce, and need information that cannot be captured in custom fields, this training explains when and how to use custom objects.